Spotted Nothura Gallery

Relatively speaking, I've had a fair amount of luck observing tinamou species in Brazil.  In Ecuador, where I lived for six years, I hardly ever saw one on my own, only noting birds when guides pointed them out at known roosting sights with a spotlight.  For the uninitiated, tinamous are plump, terrestrial, and rather vocal birds, but they prefer dense cover and are nearly impossible to see.  However on a recent short trip to Intervales State Park, I not only spotted but photographed two different tinamou species, both the Brown and Solitary Tinamous.  And at Chapada dos Veadeiros last weekend, I patiently pulled in this inquisitive Spotted Nothura, or Nothura maculosa, a common but still infrequently seen tinamou of the Cerrado.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites